Monday

Chasing Sun

Related Posts with ThumbnailsSorry for my absence lately. I'm happy to say it was for a good reason. My husband and I have been traveling a lot for fun. We both recently changed employers (I'm making jewelry for a local jeweler) and had a couple of weeks off in between. Rather than the usual staycation agenda, we decided to choose a couple of cities that have warm weather, were close enough and had nice folks who make good beer.

We visited sunny San Diego, CA and Austin, TX and had a great time. We're glad to be back in Portland though, our water and crisp, fresh air cannot be beat. I literally miss those things when I travel, but there is something to be said about the way the air smells when you get off of the plane in a sunny local. It seems so sweet and inviting.

As far as the beer goes, I have to say that Stone Brewing is like the Disneyland of beer. Their facility was amazing- well landscaped and they didn't spare any expense on making a solid brewery. In fact, it didn't feel like a brewery-more like a nice restaurant. Try the brussels sprouts if you go!

The ABGB in Austin won my heart for sure. I loved everything about their whole set up. Every beer that I had (we both had a flight of tasters) was well balanced and deelish! They also had a GREAT crew of people working there. We chatted with the owner/brewer there and he was just so nice!




Additionally, we went to Wright Bros. Brew & Brew in Austin, where they have both espresso and beer! Heaven!! They have a great selection of beers, knowledgeable staff who truly seem passionate about what they serve. We tried this Jester King Saison that blew my socks off.


I could totally see myself living in Austin, but Texas itself kind of scares me. I'll stick to the greenery of Portland...for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment