Tuesday

The Itch



                                          Get me outta here. I've got the itch to go camping!
Seriously. Make it look like a kidnapping and swoop down and come pick me up and take me up to my favorite spot on Mount Adams already. Memorial Day Weekend seems to mark the start of summer and for years we used to go up to Sasquatch and then make a little road trip out of it...camping our way back home with friends. Ah, the good old days.

I miss being out in the sunny shady sort of patches you only experience under the canopy of trees.

I miss the smell of warm pinecones and tea on a brisk morning.

I miss our little home away from home in the forest where the only sound comes from nature...and by the last day...when we are ready to come home, we are so used to that quiet that the sound of a nearby bee can wake us up. Only a month left before the snow melts enough!

Until then, I can still drink tea on brisk mornings and dream of my summer filled with dusty trails and scented pinecone bliss.

Have a safe holiday weekend, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment