Friday

Music Flashback-rants and confessions

Related Posts with Thumbnails

We listen to the radio at the little office I work at during the day, and often, I don't pay too much attention to the station, but I cannot think unless I have some background noise.

Unless that is, one of the songs that I despise comes on. It's jarring...typing away in pseudo-mindless bliss at my desk when Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" comes on. It makes me flash back to my first retail job where they had these awful soundtracks that played the same songs over and over again.
I worked at said retail establishment for 3 years, so those evil songs are forever ingrained in my brain. I do forget about them until they are played thank goodness.

On another note, here's a short list of songs that I heard on the radio today that remind of me random stuff:

"My Sharona" reminds me of: the Janet Reno Dance Party skit from SNL
"Juke Box Hero" every single time, I think of the movie Air Guitar Nation (You must watch it for the weirdness that is a bunch of dudes from around the world competing against each other.) I especially think of the guy with the Hello Kitty shield on his chest. Did I mention the movie is a little weird? It is.
"In the Air Tonight" now will forever remind me of Mike Tyson rocking out to Phil Collins in The Hangover.
"Is This It" by the Strokes reminds me of this bar called XV that my Husband and I used to frequent when we were dating. We must have played every song on that jukebox.
"Like Spinning Plates" Reminds me of my first kiss with my Husband. *sigh*
--I want to hear about your random memory songs too! Please share. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment