Tuesday

Music of the Moment



Related Posts with ThumbnailsMy Husband and I both have a love for great music. One of the things that first attracted me to him when we first met was that he had admitted that he was collecting vinyl and 8-tracks. On top of that, we both liked the same bands-not all of them mind you, but 90% of them.
So...I wanted to share with you some of the tasty treats we've found recently:


1) Blakroc- A super duper talented mix of folks who have collaborated with the equally talented Black Keys to put out a Rap-Rock album. Have no fear, it's nothing like anything you've ever heard. Why isn't this on the radio?!


2) Broken Bells By now you've heard of them. Super hunk James Mercer and the darling Danger Mouse rock it out together on one sweet sweet album. You'll have to take my word for it.

3) Phosphoresent His "To Willie" is a tribute to one my favorite men: Mr. Willie Nelson. From one bearded man to another, Phosphoresent does a brilliant job capturing the essence of Williness in his lovely little album. Perfect for a lazy Sunday morning.


Lastly, may I suggest that if you love music, I mean really LOVE music, and have a turntable; purchase the Vinyl first and then enjoy the free MP3 download card that comes with most albums these days.
Support your local record store too! My favorite 2 favorite spots to buy music in Portland are Everyday Music and Music Millenium (where the Mister and I stopped in on our first date).

No comments:

Post a Comment