Saturday

Sweet Spot







Fall is just around the corner, and that means I get to combine a few of my favorite things: Boots, scarves, and skirts. I've decided this is the year that I learn to sew a skirt. I'm doing it, for real this time. I've daydreamed about making myself a skirt for awhile now. My Mother-in-law just happens to be a sewing master and gifted me a serger a few years ago and the poor thing has been cooped up in the closet for awhile. And by awhile, a mean a few years; until recently, C and I found this sweet glass table in the clearance aisle for $15! It was perfect, it had this crescent on the bottom for support, which allows enough room for a stool to be stored and for my feet when I'm sitting down.

After a serger lesson with C's Mom, I feel that I'm ready to make a go of it. I think my first skirt endeavor will be to duplicate my favorite skirt, one that I found at a thrift store up the street. Lucky for me, I found Marie Madeline Studio on Etsy who carries a sweet looking pattern like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment